We are looking for an experienced CNC Machinist who cares about developing real-world solutions for complex problems, strives for excellence in your work, and stands united with your team, customers, and community; you’re a creative, critical thinker, and you thrive on new challenges. You are an effective team player that supports both your peers and the company in reaching goals.
The CNC Machinist performs various machine operations such as set up and operations of computer numerical control machines to fabricate plastic and metallic material on a variety of parts working to very close tolerances. This machine shops run production on 3 – 5 axis CNC machinery. The CNC Machinist is part of a team creating highly diversified and complex programs for milling, drilling, boring, tapping, of parts while adhering to all safety features of the machines and plant. All parts are machined to specification and in a timely manner.
Several companies have current openings for this role in the Greater Los Angeles and Inland Empire. The shops are ISO 9001:2008, AS9100 certified precision CNC machining shops working with the Aerospace, Medical, Technology, and Defense industries. All companies offer a competitive salary, and standard benefits.
- Setup and operate CNC 5 and 3 axis milling machines
- Manufacture all parts efficiently and to specifications including those that require tight tolerances, complex geometries, simultaneous 5-axis, exotic materials, or high quality finishes.
- Troubleshoot programs and provide feedback to CAM programmers. Program parts with CAM team as needed.
- Help test and evaluate new processes and make suggestions to further streamline our manufacturing processes and fully integrated factory systems.
- Ultimately, do what it takes to keep manufacturing moving in a safe and efficient manner.
- 4+ years experience as a CNC setup machinist
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with 5-axis machines, tight tolerances, variety of materials, GD&T, and precision measuring tools
- Positive, proud, team contributor that continually learns, builds relationships, and strives for results in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of related experience. Post high school coursework or professional certification preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience (not required)
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Experience with Catia/Mastercam software or equivalent, and G&M codes
- Familiar with various plastic and metallic materials including aluminum, and titanium.
- Experience with Haas controllers, HSMWorks, or Solidworks a plus
- Experience operating all basic machine shop equipment such as drills, mills, lathes, grinders, saws.