We are looking for an experienced 5-Axis CNC Programmer who cares about developing real-world solutions for complex problems, takes pride and strives for excellence in your work, and stands united with your team, customers, and community. We seeks team members who are passionate, adaptable, driven to achieve quality results, focused on continuous improvement, self-motivated and problem solvers. We take pride in what we make because the lives of people using our products depends on our accuracy.
This is an autonomous position that requires you have the ability to manage and complete projects until completion with minimum supervision.
Creates CNC programs for 5-axis multitasking mill-turn machine tools and provides some technical support to manufacturing personnel.
Utilizes the company’s CAD/CAM system for generating CNC Programs.
Creates standard drawings, and assists in the creation of complex drawings, which involve dimensioning, tolerancing, intricate details, auxiliary views and projections from sketches, layouts or engineering data as required.
Provide operations support for CNC setup and machining processes as needed.
Participate on a machining methods team that focuses on reducing cycle time while improving cost and quality.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in offline programming of CNC Mill/Turn multi-axis programming using G- and M-codes
- Knowledge of Mastercam software and 3D Modeling
- Knowledge of of 3 and 5 axis machines
- Create programming macros using Visual Basic
- Knowledge of Autocad software
- Ability to read and understand blueprints including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Strong math skills (trigonometry and above)
- Technical College certificate in machine tool technology or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills and Experience (not required)
- Knowledge of CNC Lathe turning experience (24″+ diameter) is a definite plus.
- Degree in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering or related field of study
- Familiarity with Fanuc controls
- Experience with aerospace metals and plastic materials